What is the ECCM?
The East Coast Coffee Madness is a one day event, built for the coffee community around the vision ‘Meet + Learn + Grow’. Our mission : gather the growing coffee community in Montreal, around workshops and speakers, in a simple and casual format. The fourth edition of the ECCM will be held in Montreal on October 1st, 2018. It is an opportunity for members of the coffee community to come together and learn, discover new products, build friendly and business connections around workshops and speakers. This unique and original event attracts coffee amateurs, baristas, roasters, suppliers and enthusiasts from the Canadian East Coast and North East U.S.
Qu’est-ce que le ECCM ?
Le East Coast Coffee Madness est un événement d’une journée construit pour la communauté de café, autour de sa vision « Rencontrer + Apprendre + Développer». La quatrième édition sera tenue à Montréal le 1er Octobre 2018. C’est l’occasion pour les acteurs de café de se regrouper et apprendre, de découvrir de nouveaux produits, de construire un réseau amical et d’affaires autour d’ateliers et de conférenciers. Cet événement unique et original attire des baristas, des torréfacteurs, des fournisseurs, des amateurs de café et enthousiastes de la Côte Est du Canada et du Nord-Est des États-Unis.
WHO ARE THE 2018 HEADLINERS/LES TÊTES D’AFFICHE DE 2018
We were thrilled to have with us the 2018 speakers:
– John Gordon, Auckland, New Zealand – World Barista Championships 2018 finalist and New Zealand Barista Champion 2018; UK Barista Champion 2010, 2011 & 2013; Director of Gorilla Gear LTD and Sanremo World Academy Team member.
– Kimberly Easson, Washington, DC, USA – Founder and Strategic Director of the Partnership for Gender Equity, a collaborative research and development initiative of the Coffee Quality Institute (CQI); she served four years as member of the Board of Directors of the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA), co-founded the International Women’s Coffee Alliance (IWCA) and the JavaJog for a Cause.
– Al Liu, Milwaukee, WI, USA – Vice President of Coffee at Colectivo Coffee Roasters, oversees green sourcing, all coffee-related operations, and new product development; has more than 18 years of experience sourcing, buying and developing supply chains of organic and fair trade coffee around the world.
And as excited to have with us the 2018 Panel:
– Adam Pesce (Panel Lead), Toronto, Canada – Director of Coffee at Reunion Island Coffee, based in Oakville, Ontario; SCA Canada Membership Coordinator
– Kim Elena Ionescu, Raleigh-Durham, NC, USA – Chief Sustainability Officer at Specialty Coffee Association
– Meredith Taylor, Durham, NC, USA – Sustainability Manager for Durham, N.C.- based roaster and wholesaler Counter Culture Coffee since 2015; volunteer for the SCA Sustainability Center
– Colleen Anunu, NY, USA – Director of Coffee Supply Chain at Fair Trade USA; Assistant Q Grader Instructor; on the Board of Directors of the Specialty Coffee Association